Code of Business Ethics
What do we expect from you as a Conresta employee?
As a Conresta employee, we hope that in your daily activities and decisions you will be guided by the laws and by-laws of the Republic of Lithuania. This code contains some of the principles of ethical behavior, so if you find yourself in a situation that is not described, we hope that you will be able to make the right choices and apply the guidance given, and will seek advice from a direct supervisor.
The purpose of the Code of Business Ethics
- To define the rules of conduct for employees of the company and cultivate responsibility.
- To inform and educate on ethical as well as behavioral issues in the business environment to protect employees from conflict situations and unethical behavior. For this, we define instances of intolerable behavior.
- All Conresta employees are responsible for complying with this Code.
In pursuit of the company’s vision and values, in our daily activities we:
- Relationships within the company:
We respect our colleagues, regardless of their responsibilities, we adhere to the principles of equality and non-discrimination, and in the event of a potential violation, we take action to bring an immediate end to inappropriate action.
- We help and trust our colleagues, are open, share knowledge, grow and improve together.
- We set an example in our language, appearance and behavior, following generally accepted rules of ethics and conduct.
- We keep our promises – we make words turn into action.
- We take responsibility for our decisions by evaluating all possible consequences: potential short and long term consequences of performance, potential benefits and harm to the company.
- We respect human life by creating a safe working environment. Everywhere and at all times we follow the occupational safety and health policy, and in case of violations we make every effort to remedy them immediately.
- When communicating with existing / potential clients, partners, employees or other interested parties, we do not follow emotions, communicate in a businesslike, correct, impartial manner, respecting the principles of equality and non-discrimination.
- We establish, maintain and strengthen a good relationship, and respectfully and closely cooperate with all potential/current clients and partners, while maintaining a constant feedback approach.
- Our cooperation is based on the principles of transparency, responsibility and ethics.
- We assure you that our public speaking on social networks or other public space, media communications will only be understood as our personal opinion and not that of the
- Company, and that we assume full responsibility for any information that may be disseminated and any deterioration of our corporate image.
- We compete fairly. We do not want to lose the trust of our customers and believe in a competitive and transparent business system. For this reason, we treat all our customers equally and are against any cartel. Our actions must always comply with applicable antitrust and other competition laws.
Corruption and prevention:
- We adhere to the principle that gifts from existing/potential customers or partners that link the company through a transparent relationship are considered as gifts from the company and must be passed to the HR department. Only token low-value gifts that match hospitality and business relationships are accepted as eligible gifts. Alternatively, gifts received under certain conditions may be treated as a bribe. Money, entertainment, support, compensation, services, discounts cannot be considered as gifts.
- While performing direct functions, we do not make decisions that may give rise to a conflict of interest.
We avoid activities that call into question employee loyalty or infringing on the company interests. We do not seek personal gain for ourselves, loved ones, or others in our activities.
- We notify our manager of the intention to engage in other proactive activities outside the company. We express our interests openly and honestly, and make Private Declarations of Interest to the manager of the company.
- We do not tolerate any form of corruption, we strive for zero tolerance of corruption in the company.
In the event of possible corruption, we take the necessary steps to control or neutralize it. Tolerance of corruption equates to corruption. Employees shall be liable for corruption activities in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Lithuania.
- We guarantee the confidentiality of information, we can distinguish which information is confidential. If we don’t know, we’ll find out with our immediate supervisor. The list of confidential information is kept up to date.
- After leaving the company, the employee must continue to keep confidential information that they have learned while working to themselves (liability for non-compliance with the confidentiality agreement).
The use and care of Company assets:
- We use company assets: tools, materials, time and other resources solely for the purpose of doing business.
- We look after all company assets needed to carry out our business activities and take the necessary steps to prevent unauthorized use, waste, or theft.
- We are aware that for violations of employment duties that have the characteristics of a criminal offense (unlawful use, misappropriation, misappropriation of property) or intentional (material and intangible) damages, the employer will be unconditionally terminated at the employer’s fault. Such violations can be referred to the law enforcement authorities by the employer.
- We are constantly looking for effective solutions to optimize our spending.
- This Code of Business Ethics is hosted on a server and is accessible to company employees.
- The Code of Business Ethics is introduced by a direct supervisor.
- The provisions of the Code of Business Ethics shall be reviewed at least every 12 months.
- If you become aware of a violation of the Code of Business Ethics or suspect that it may have been violated, you may contact your direct supervisor or the Company at firstname.lastname@example.org. Confidentiality is guaranteed. The Company fully supports Employees who adhere to the Code of Business Ethics and do not tolerate violations of it, especially if they are under pressure from the environment to violate the Code of Business Ethics.
- All breaches of the Code of Business Ethics are subject to regulatory review and may result in legal liability.
- Conresta introduces the principles of this Code to its customers and partners and other persons with whom we operate.
Am I sure that I…
- Behave lawfully, justly and ethically?
- Follow the goals, vision and values of “Conresta”, the laws of the Republic of Lithuania and secondary legislation?
- Add value to my client and my business?
- Behave properly towards my colleagues?
- Accept criticism of my own behavior and am ready to talk about what I think is wrong?
Occupational Safety and Health Policy
The main goal:
- To ensure that every employee returns alive and healthy to their loved ones at the end of the working day.
- To make safety a priority and an intrinsic part of the daily work of the employees.
- To encourage all possible measures to improve safety and health.
Management and employee obligations:
- plan ahead and provide resources for healthy and safe working conditions;
- operate in accordance with the requirements of applicable legislation;
- to ensure that the safety management system and the state of the Company are constantly improved, over time the system is improved and applied in everyday activities;
- risk assessment and rapid response to harmful and hazardous working conditions, provision for preventive risk management measures, their implementation and control;
- analyzing, preventing and controlling accidents at work, occupational diseases, injuries and other illnesses;
- to promote the application of advanced technical innovations and working methods in creating a safe and healthy working environment in the Company;
- to continuously improve the skills and knowledge of employees in the field of occupational safety and health;
- to develop a culture and awareness of occupational safety in the Company and set an example;
- to increase employee awareness and involvement in the safety management system, making everyone feel obligated to carry out work tasks safely, report unsafe situations and refuse to work if the conditions are unsafe;
- to achieve the highest possible level of safety and health at work, involving customers, partners, suppliers, the public at large;
- to provide the necessary resources to maintain and improve the safety management system;
- to follow the occupational safety and health management system based on the principles of ISO 45001: 2018, to monitor and continuously improve related processes.